Monday 25 May 2009

The next project?



Now that the Caia Community Gardens project is off the ground, there's interest in developing the derelict bowling green at the Queensway Sports Stadium for a community garden/allotment. We'll keep you posted on this.

Readers from Rhos have also been in touch wanting to know if a similar scheme can be started in that area - I'll make enquiries.

The allotments bandwagon is well and truly rolling.

I'm lagging behind with the photos at Pentre Gwyn - the photo above is how it looked 10 days ago before anyone started digging. Now more than 20 plots have been started and many look fairly complete.
The first horse manure run was completed this morning - although the weight of the manure burst the trailer tyres! I've also been introduced to the mystery of double digging - as I've only turned over half my plot, I might give it a go for the rest of the plot to see how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment